About this episode
In this episode, Brett and Ellen discuss:
- The severe impact that bullying and negative influences can have on children, emphasising that exposure to such environments can shape their mental health and future behaviour. They challenge the notion that exposure to bullying can toughen up a child, highlighting the importance of protecting them from such experiences.
- Shedding light on how homeschooling can offer a unique opportunity for parents to foster positive relationships and provide their children with the necessary skills to handle challenging situations.
- Encouraging parents to be proactive in organising social events and getting to know the parents of their children’s friends. Emphasising the importance of building a network of like-minded families to create a supportive and positive social environment for children.
- The need for parents to be curious about their children’s friends and their families, urging them to make an effort to understand and shape their child’s social environment. Highlighting that even parents who are working full-time can implement small changes in their daily routine to stay connected with their children’s social lives.
- The importance of building trust and maintaining open communication with children, encouraging them to share their social experiences with their parents. Emphasising the need for parents to understand and support their children’s unique ways of learning and developing.